3 problems/questions re E Signal on Demand EOD & Intraday delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 problems/questions re E Signal on Demand EOD & Intraday delayed

1.I have a problem saving charts or pages. I have N American subscription package and have been using the delayed EOD & Intraday futures feed for over a year and all went well. I spend large amounts of time adding reaction lines and A-pitchforks (manually) and often end up with over 200 line objects on a single chart.
    In January i started to loose pages when i closed/saved the page had the warning
    " failed to save document" i have spent hours trawling through the k-base but am still having the same problem and its often with the same symbols- Cotton, Silver and some of the grains. These are all within my USA region ie not the WGE/ Canada. Although i do not have a broker plug in and use another platform to trade much of my work is done on this platform out of exchange hours.
    2. If i upgraded the software to ESignal 11 from 10.^ will i loose my previous charts?
    3. Also i presume it is impossible to reset the Paper Trader simulation account? ie remove trades or open second demo a/c.
    I have followed the forum responses but the options are simply not available as per the A-GET reply that is posted
    4. Lastly i need someone to code a custom indicator that is in MQ4 language into EFS.
    It is a Andrews Pitchfork tool but with the ability to add reaction and warning lines ie dynamic line objects as extended rays and to enter various values manually such as number of reaction lines/thickness/colour. Sometimes i need upto 400 RL's to create a Reaction Grid- somwhat similar to a Gann box/Pyrapoint etc.
    Any advice?
    Thanks in advance to any constructive comments.

Hi,

On #1, I don't think the issue has anything to do with what data you're getting or what level of eSignal service you subscribe to. Sounds like a software issue trying to save all those lines in a file. Does it happen in both page or layout mode? You may end up needing to call us directly to troubleshoot that one.

On #2, at this point, yes, it's a new platform and you have to rebuild your charts. We are working on conversion tools for future versions of 11.xx so you may want to wait.

On 3, I don't think it's possible but will leave that open for others to chime in.

4. You can post in the EFS area and see if another user will help or you can contract with one of our 3p EFS partners:

http://www.esignal.com/solutions/stu...velopment.aspx

Thanks.

Comment

saving page or layout

Thanks for your swift reply.
      re issue 1 : It doesnt matter if i try to save them as pages or layout or any combination.I have tried re naming and all other combinations . I can open a chart and save it no worries but the moment i add a line study then when i save it i get the 'failed to save document' error warning and can only close the page.
      Even when i log out and get the propmt about saving the workspace i get an error warning. However exisiting pages and layouts can have lines added and taken with no worries. Is there an overall limit to line objects? Is this a software problem?

Comment

I'm not aware of any preset limit on lines but I do know they are CPU intensive in the 10.xx series as they have to accounted for and drawn even if they aren't visible. I'm still not sure I understand what's going on so please just call one of our support offices so we can help you more directly.

http://www.esignal.com/support/esignal/contactus.aspx

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X