Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question in continuous symbol in TGE and TOCOM

Hello,

I would like to have the continuous symbol of TGE and TOCOM futures, but I can't find in esignal webpage and quote.com. Would you please help me to look for it, many thanks.

Stephen

Stephen,

For International Futures you'll use the 1! in place of the Month/Year Code(i.e. AC 1!-TGE) to create continuous contracts. For The Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM) you'd use the same 1! with the exchange extension of TCM (i.e. CGAS 1!-TCM).

Here is KB Article 2258 that explains the continuous contracts and how you can create your own custom symbols if you need too.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I have another questions, I saw the symbol guide of LME, there mentioned forward codes with M3, M15, M27 and M63. But no any example of the format. Would you please show the example, thanks.

Stephen

Comment

Hi,

Our formats are listed here:

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=2925&p=1

but it's probably easier to use the Symbol Search tool so you see exactly the symbols available. Here's a sample view:
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your information,

I cannot find the information of the forward codes with M3, M15, M27 and M63 although the webpage is very informational.

Would you please tell me the format and example, many thanks.

Stephen

Comment

Were you not able to find all the contracts in the Symbol Search? What underlying future are you trying to monitor?

Thanks.

Comment

Stephen,

The M3 would be a 3 Month Forward Contract (AAD M3-LME); M15 is a 15 month Forward Contract AAD M15-LME.

I've scoured the internet looking for examples and a good explanation of the Forward Contracts. TheFutures Link on the LME website give the best explanation of the how the Forward Month Contracts work.

Hopes this helps.

AveryH

Comment

Working...
              X