Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 11 help needed

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the following.

I've just started using eSignal 11 in earnest, moving from version 10. I created a shortcut on my Desktop for easy access. The problem is that each time I reboot the PC the shortcut is gone and I have to re-create it. The shortcut is created in the usual way of finding the exe file...right-clicking...create shortcut and clicking ok to create on desktop. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and have plenty shortcuts on my desktop but its only this one that's giving me this issue.

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks!

PJ

I have the same setup and have no problems with the desktop shortcut which I created in the same way. Post the entire target from the shortcut. Maybe there's some problem with it.

Comment

Thanks, its...

"C:\Program Files\Interactive Data\eSignal\eSignal.exe"

I created a folder on the desktop and cut and pasted the shortcut into there and its so far so good. It's just when it goes naked on the desktop it does its diappearing act. Must be a Windows 7 thing. Still puzzled. I renamed it to eSignal 11 but that shouldn't matter, should it?

Comment

Not sure what you mean about the folder. Right click on the desktop, select "new" then "shortcut." Paste in the link you mentioned. Everything should work just fine.

Comment

PJ,

As an alternative, you can pin the shortcut to the Start Menu or Taskbar.

Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Rla1js
            Not sure what you mean about the folder. Right click on the desktop, select "new" then "shortcut." Paste in the link you mentioned. Everything should work just fine.
            'fraid not. Followed your advice and I agree it should work without any problem but the icon just keeps disappearing. Must be something going on with my Windows.

However,...

Originally posted by JayF
            PJ,

As an alternative, you can pin the shortcut to the Start Menu or Taskbar.

...this soultion is just as convenient and is what I will use. Pinned to Taskbar it is.

Thanks to both of you for your time in responding. Much appreciated.

PJ

Comment

Working...
            X