time & sales bid-ask color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time & sales bid-ask color

I noticed that colors in my bid-ask quotes columns are either sometimes red or green but I can't figure out the logic behind it.

Also, why are there single sided quotes?

When in a time and sales window, right-click to bring up the menu, select Properties and you'll see the coloring scheme and definitions. Single sided quotes is just a display preference. Screen and b/a behavior will vary by instrument type but for stocks, the screen always displays the b/a pair, even if only the ask was updated, for ex.

Thanks.

Comment

Regarding the bid and ask quote color scheme, I checked the default properties. Bids are supposedly shaded red, while the asks are shaded green.

However, I noticed that are there are some bids that are shaded green, while asks are shaded red. And it doesn't appear to be related to whether its an uptick or downtick in the bid, ask, or last price.

Comment

The colors for each conditions should be outlined in the that properties field. If you want to post a screenshot of T&S where you're unclear why the coloring is as it is, we can take a look further.

Thanks.

Comment

I've attached a screen comparing the 3 types of views. Its only in the Short View that it really applies consistently.

For the other 2 views, it seems that only single sided bid quotes are colored as bid quotes (i.e. default as red), while all others are colored as ask quotes (i.e. green). This includes single sided ask, and bid-ask double sided quote.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots. I also see the pattern you mention so we're reaching out internally to better understand the underlying logic. Once we have that info, we will understand if this behavior needs more documentation or we have a bug on our hands.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X