NYMEX/COMEX Options Data With CME Fee Waiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYMEX/COMEX Options Data With CME Fee Waiver

Hello, is there any reason why NYMEX/COMEX option chains are not functional if you subscribe to the CME Fee Waiver Program?

It seems that b/c NYMEX/COMEX data is used with a "=1" suffix, option data will not flow through in an option chain if using the fee waiver program.

If you do not use the fee waiver, but do subscribe to the exchanges by paying for them, then you do get the option data.

Just trying to find out why NYMEX/COMEX option data is exclusively singled out in being denied option chain functionality.

Is it really because of the "=1" suffix? Is this just an eSignal issue, or are the NYMEX/COMEX exchanges specifically causing the problem?

If it's an eSignal issue, is there a way to work around it so fee waiver participants are not penalized from seeing the option data?

I wonder if other data vendors are blocking NYMEX/COMEX option data if you use the fee waiver program with them?

Any help/advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

That issue is explained in this KB on the fee waiver program.

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4452&p=1

In a nutshell, if the same root symbol is designated for both pit and Globex, we can't separate it out w/o charging the fee. If the pit/Globex symbols are unique, you can get the Globex future options under the fee waiver program.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I've read that article about the fee waiver before.

So is it the same result for any other data vendor offering the fee waiver program? Or is it just like that with eSignal?

Comment

I would think that would apply to all unless the vendor does some mapping to separate the sessions. With pit trading on the fairly rapid decline, I would think the issue will go away at some point but right now, the splitting of those symbols would require quite a bit of work on our end.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X