11's Report a Bug and Request a Feature forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11's Report a Bug and Request a Feature forms

In comparision, using the new Report a Bug form in 11 and reporting a bug in the forums may cause the user to hesitate figuring that someone surely must have reported it. Or on the other hand not knowing if it has been reported, may cause unnecessary multiple reports of the same bug.

In the past not only has there often been support for requests for new features in the forums but reading these requests has sparked additional or improved ideas from other users. This will no longer occur if everyone uses the new Request a Feature form in 11.

Considering the above, wouldn't it be beneficial if copies of reader's bug reports and feature requests in 11 be published in the fourms for all to see? Being just for informative purposes, no response from eSignal would be needed or expected.

Thank you for considering this,
    jay

I asked for the same thing a month ago. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

The other aspect, of course, is requesting a feature already there but hard to find. It takes a bit to find the hidden commands within V11, (such as you must hold shift down when left clicking an EFS selection box). I have asked for at least one feature to be brought over from V10, only to stumble on it later.

If these requests were made public, then a lot of them would be answered by our peers.

Cheers.

Comment

I think these are all very valid points. The eSignal community has always played an important role in our desktop development and it's the interaction between users that's so valuable most times.

Our developers are very keen on seeing what users want, which is great, but the forums have an important place in this process as well.

We're going to take another look at this and see what makes the most sense going forward.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X