Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed

I know you guys said you are addressing it. But, the 11.2 shows no improvement. The speed of displaying the charts daily, weekly, monthly is painful. The new features are useless to me (some nice features too) because the charts take too long to draw. My suggestion, spend more time working on fixing this issue than coming up with new features. The amount of time wasted going from one stock to the next is just not worth it to me. The alert on trend line break is a powerful feature but unfortunately I cannot take advantage of it.

Thank you for the feedback. The mentioned improvements are underway, however they were not yet completed in time for this release. They are currently on schedule for 11.3.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

20 minute chart on U.S. East Coast RTH or any other time template very slow!

I am located in the NY/CT area.

On esignal version 11.1 and 11.2, 20 minute charts of equity spreads (for example, "ACE - CB") on any time template (auto, U.S. East Coast RTH, etc.) load very slowly (60 seconds or longer). If I have no time template selected, it loads the chart very quickly (less than 5 seconds). On 10.3/10.6 these same charts load almost instantaneously. I have tried multiple operating systems (win xp x64, win vista x64, win 7 pro x64, win 7 home x64), on multiple computers (desktop, 2 different laptops), and on multiple ISPs (verizon DSL, Optimum Online).

Without a time template selected, the 20 minute chart shows lots of pre-market and after-market data which affect various chart studies I use. I use the 20 minute chart to time my entries and exits, so this is a huge deal for my trading.

I have chatted with a few esignal tech reps and they said they don't experience the issue, however these reps were located in AUSTRALIA. Another esignal user located in Toronto tested for this issue on his computer, and he does not experience this issue. I have not spoken to any other esignal users located in the NY/CT area. If you are in this region, would you please test the speed of esignal 11.1/11.2 for charting the following formula on a 20 minute chart with the time template "U.S. East Coast RTH" selected:
      ACE - CB

I believe the issue is that esignal users in my area (NY/ CT) are connecting to a bad esignal data server, and esignal should correct this ASAP.

To any esignal engineers reading this:
      I'll reiterate that I have tried multiple PCs, multiple operating systems, and multiple ISPs, so the issue can not be my computers or ISPs.

Comment

We have two data centers and 5 co-los so you could be routed to any of those, based on a number of factors. We don't route regionally per se but the path from your ISP to one of our facilities might get preferenced in a way that you are more likely to go to say Dallas vs San Jose CA.

I suggest you call into our Tech Support group and we can check your connection in real-time and then log into that server ourselves and try to duplicate. We can also knock you off and watch you connect to a different farm. Please give us a call when you have the chance.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X