Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you linkdiffernt interval charts to have the cursor at the current time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you linkdiffernt interval charts to have the cursor at the current time?

Let's say you have 3 charts of 5 min, 30 min, and daily bars. Can you have the cursor simultaneously move in each window wherever you place it? For example, if the cursor is on a daily bar 3 days ago, the cursor on the other two charts of 5 and 30 minutes, will also be at 3 days ago.
    Last edited by tommyson007; 07-01-2011, 08:55 AM.

tommyson007,

Can you have the cursor simultaneously move in each window wherever you place it? For example, if the cursor is on a daily bar 3 days ago, the cursor on the other two charts of 5 and 30 minutes, will also be at 3 days ago
    Yes this is called "Cursor Tracking". In eSignal 11 in the Chart Properties-->Cursor and selecting the setting as shown in the attached screenshot.

For eSignal 10.6, turn on Cursor Tracking by right clicking on the chart -->Cursor and left clicking Cursor Tracking.

There are a couple of things to note: For both version Cursor Tracking needs to be enabled for each chart you want to do tracking on.

2- In your example you mentioned three days. For the cursor to track correctly on the intraday charts each chart would need to be displaying at least 3 days of bar data. Otherwise the cursor would disapppear from the left side of the chart.

Comment

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I was looking to do. I was looking in the cursor section properties, and didn't see the answer right in front of me. Thanks again for the quick reply, and appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X