New Highs/Lows in T&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Highs/Lows in T&S

Up until now I'd never had a use for highlighting a new high/low in T&S. But I just found a small way that it would be useful and applied it.

However, it seems that the function is designed to where a new high/low is recorded in relation to the previous day's close. So if there is an opening gap, no new highs/lows will be shown if the trades following the open move back into the gap. For example yesterday's close was 100, and today there was a gap and the opening price was 110. New highs over 110 will be highlighted in T&S, but lows won't be until the price goes through yesterday's close of 100.

Now I don't know if this is the standard design in all the world's trading software, or maybe I'm just missing a setting to ignore the gap, but new highs/lows made during the day's trades are too significant to be ignored as such due to there having been an opening gap. I know there are those who regard the gap itself as equaling a number of trades. But for those on my side, it would be useful if there were an option in T&S to disregard the previous day's close and base new highs/lows on just actual trades made after the open. Or maybe it should really be that way by design?

Thank you for considering this,

jay

I tried to send this in the Request a Feature form but it wouldn't go through. Maybe it's too long.
    Last edited by jay60; 07-14-2011, 07:39 AM.
Working...
X