Safeguard Against Inadvertent Summary/Watchlist Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safeguard Against Inadvertent Summary/Watchlist Entries

By not being careful which window has the focus, I am constantly and inadvertently writing over summary/watchlist entries. When I think I'm in a chart window and entering a new symbol, I sometimes don't realize the summary window actually has the focus and I overwrite entries that I wanted to keep.

Could there be a means to save me from myself? i.e. maybe having to hit the enter key before a summary list entry gets overwritten.

Thanks,
    Bob

There's a couple of things to try. If you overwrite the symbol in a watchlist and realize it right away, hit the Watchlist menu and you'll see options toward the bottom to undo and redo.

Another option is to save the page periodically so when you suddenly realize you mis-typed, you can also just hit Menu, then re-load page (Ctrl-r). That'll load your last set of saved changes for that page.

Hope those help.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion ScottJ.

Any chance of this being considered a product suggestion so the issue doesn't happen to begin with?

Bob

Comment

I will certainly forward to our Product team for consideration.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,
          You should lock the list so that it can only be edited with an opposite mouse click or some other means. And spacebar in v.11 should always browse to the next symbol in the list regardless of what window is highlighted. Other programs do this, and it works very well. Just a suggestion.
          Joe

Comment

Working...
          X