Message = "Error: bad allocation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message = "Error: bad allocation"

Lately, eSignal has been crashing rather frequently. I have not made any changes to my software, the computer or its operating system.

In addition, when I click on the form that eSignal presents to Send Report to eSignal describing the events leading to the problem, I get the following message --

Uploading error report ...
    Error: bad allocation

Any ideas what is happening?

I've been having the same problem w/ tick charts on 10.6.

Multiple calls to support have not given me any answers.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I am using eSignal version 10.6.2124.1086. The machine is an HP workstation with 4 processors, connected to the world via cable modem. OS is Win XP.

Comment

I've tried desperately to duplicate this error but have not been able too. Our only difference is I've been trying to do it with 10.6.2224.

Would you consider upgrading and see if you still get the error?

AveryH

eSignal Support

Comment

The problem apparently occurred because I was running a larger number of stocks than I had in the past (around 430), collecting both 5 minute and tick data through Winsig.exe, with the consequence that the memory Winsig employed grew until it ate all available memory and crashed the machine. My solutions have been either (a) restart Winsig and my download software mid afternoon each day or (b) trim the number of stocks for which I obtain tick data. Increasing virtual memory did not resolve the problem.

To answer your question, the problems occurred under the two most recent subversions of v. 10.6.

The "bad allocation" messages probably originated in the Windows XP OS, reflecting an inability to allocate memory needed to send a report back to eSignal concerning the crashes.
          Last edited by ddresser; 08-19-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X