Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal 11 does not work with ANY popular window managers !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 11 does not work with ANY popular window managers !

Esignal 11 will not work with the mother of all window managers, Actual Tools "Actual Window Manager" which is indispensable !

AWM gives you great features like "always on top", "roll up", adjustable levels of "transparency"...etc, which I use all the time in trading !

Another thread on here states that, apparently, it does not work with Ultramon either, another very popular window manager program.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if Esignal 11 had these sorts of window management features built into the title bars of windows, but it doesn't, so this is a FAIL !

I'm not saying that I expect a new software build to be backwards compatible with all 3rd party applications, but if I was developing new software for a program that is guaranteed to generate multiple windows, I would damn sure make the options for window management very very robust.

On another note of (lack) of functionality, although the new page import wizard that ports pages over from 10.6 seems great, when I go to use it I see that 80% of my efs scripts show "invalid script" in the cursor window, although I can import/convert them by hand, one by one. Joy. Not only that, but even when I do that, all my settings within them are back to default.

One would think that some thought to the user base would enter into the developers minds, and they would give us a real tool for FULL import of efs from the outgoing version. But maybe that's too much to ask.

Staying with series 10 until this gets sorted, maybe indefinitely. End rant.
    Last edited by mwhitak; 09-23-2011, 06:55 PM.

eSignal 11.3 functionality

I apologize for your frustration. eSignal 11 is a product we are actively developing and adjusting. We have all the window management features from eSignal 10.6 in eSignal 11.3 available from the drop down menu in the upper right of each window. Although we cannot make sure that eSignal 11.3 is 100% compatible with all the 3rd party windows managers out there, we might be able to add a few of the features you have mentioned to the program. Please use the request a feature menu from within the eSignal program (Support >> Request a Feature)

On your second point, page translation between the two programs is a very difficult task. We added the feature to the eSignal 11 series so that clients would be able to transfer over their basic set ups from the 10 series. As you have noticed, this feature doesn’t translate everything over perfectly. Some studies and EFS files that are on charts are not going to make it through the translation or they might need some of their settings adjusted before they work the way they did in the 10 series. I will forward your concerns regarding this tool to our developers.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I agree with mwhitak that having returned and drawn lines with adjustable levels of transparency would be a big plus. I'll forward my two cents to the developers in the eSignal Product/Data Forum.

Mike

Comment

A second vote for adjustable transparency

In his 09-23-2011, 06:06 PM post at
        http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....t=transparency mwhitak bemoaned the fact that since eSignal is incompatible with at least two of the major Window Managers many tools they provide can not be used. I agree with him that having returned and drawn lines with adjustable levels of transparency would be a big plus and so would like to second his motion on that point to the developers.

Mike

Comment

Please send a report directly to our developers using the "Request a Feature" option within eSignal 11. I will do the same here as well. These reports go directly to the developers. Thank you
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
          X