time templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time templates

I do need my charts to have a lot of data (20 days back of 15 second bars)--in order for my indicators to calculate long term patterns AND short term on the same chart (without trying to call in different interval bars into EFS).

I made a time template to go 20 days back but...it seems like the charts stop requesting after 10 days (even though I've paid the extra charge to have tick data back 40 days).

Is memory a problem? I went out and bought a new machine, with 16GB RAM just for this purpose.

I need to have 29 charts (each on a different page). Right now I have 18 up. About half have 100K+ bars (the full 20 days), most of the other half have around 30K-50K bars (and a couple have 20K-30K bars). Even so, "requesting" is not shown on any of the charts, and "(20 Days Back") is shown on all of them.

My task manager shows 5.28 GB in use. Esignal resource data shows 81.35% Physical memory available.

At the moment, even if I drag the charts past their start point (on the ones that don't go back 20 days), they do not add more data. AND, I no longer see the "+" symbol to add more pages...

not getting full tick data

This issue could be specific to your page, version of eSignal, or symbols being watched. For something like this it's not a quick fix or a known issue. I suggest you contact our tech support line so that they can troubleshoot this with you

510-264-1700 option 2
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Eric.

Interestingly, in restarting the program (and all the pages coming back up), I now have TWENTY-ONE pages, AND the "+" icon is back, suggesting more pages could be added.

I suppose something "froze up" regarding pages, and that was at least part of the problem. Like with so much software, a restart of the program (or sometimes the computer) is all that necessary to temporarily fix some issues.
      Last edited by snovotny; 09-28-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

tick data

Glad that helped, you are right that sometimes a restart will work with software issues. Also, there will be slight data length differences between our servers. This should only be slight though, if you are seeing something more serious it should be reported to our tech support line.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X