Help Please - Clarification on configuring system for trading options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Clarification on configuring system for trading options

I have been getting familiar with eSignal over the last couple of days and have noticed a couple of things missing I have become accustom to having on other programs and was wondering if there is a way to enable these particular features that I am just not aware of.

1. Is there anyway to identify an open position on the options chain? I find my self having to hop around clicking on the different options to find out which positions I have open if I don't want to have to open my position manager. One of the previous programs I used had a small green arrow next to each open position on the option chain. (See Above Image)

2. I need an additional level of window linking for options. Because an option has such a correlation to the underlying stock I need the Option Chain to link to the main symbol I am viewing ... i.e if am viewing Amazon's stock chart & quote window I would like to be able to view the corresponding symbol's Option Chain at the same time which is no problem if you link the chain to the stock quote. The issue seems to arise if you have a chart linked the Option Chain to view a particular option's history ...basically you can't ...if I click on a particular option the option chain changes and trys to show the option of an option

3.How come when you purchase an option it allows you to purchase a quantity that isn't possible to purchase .. i.e. if I purchase a single option it registers as a SINGLE OPTION not the correct 100 Option Contract ?

This is all probably possible in eSignal ...I just can't figure out how to configure it. Any help would be much appreciated.

eSignal feature requests

1. There is no current way to have your position displayed on the Option Chain window within eSignal. This is a feature that I've put in a request for, but I do not have further information on request at this time.

2. An additional level of linking in the manner you speak of is not currently possibly within eSignal. I can see how something like this would be useful. I've also submitted a request to have this added to the program.

3. Generally trading within eSignal is done on a 1 to 1 ratio. Meaning a quantity of 1 actually means one share. With paper trading within the program the software isn't connected to a broker to be able to tell if the trade is valid or not. If the program was connected to a broker there would be a quantity error message that would come up and not allow the trade.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X