Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I configure the "start time" of a bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I configure the "start time" of a bar?

Suppose I want to define my bar size as 7 minutes - no problem - but what if I want to configure my bar so that 9:30 am is the start of the bar, and the start of the next bar is 9:37 am, etc.? What happens now is if I set up 7 minute bars (in the YM #F,7) my first bar, that includes 9:30 actually starts at 9:27, and the second at 9:34, i.e., just adding 7 to the first bar. Is it possible to configure something so that my first bar starts at 9:30, not 9:27? (I have the same issue "session" symbol, e.g., YM #F=2,7, also.)

It appears that bar starting times depend on 12 am being bar "0.00" and whatever time frame is chosen determines the start times of any subsequent bar, as a multiple, but is there a way around this (without being a Master programmer)?

Thanks,
    Rusty A.

Re: Can I configure the "start time" of a bar?

Rusty3
    Use a Time Template to set the start [and end] time of a chart
    Alex

Originally posted by Rusty3
    Suppose I want to define my bar size as 7 minutes - no problem - but what if I want to configure my bar so that 9:30 am is the start of the bar, and the start of the next bar is 9:37 am, etc.? What happens now is if I set up 7 minute bars (in the YM #F,7) my first bar, that includes 9:30 actually starts at 9:27, and the second at 9:34, i.e., just adding 7 to the first bar. Is it possible to configure something so that my first bar starts at 9:30, not 9:27? (I have the same issue "session" symbol, e.g., YM #F=2,7, also.)

It appears that bar starting times depend on 12 am being bar "0.00" and whatever time frame is chosen determines the start times of any subsequent bar, as a multiple, but is there a way around this (without being a Master programmer)?

Thanks,
    Rusty A.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks Alex.

Rusty A

Comment

Rusty3
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by Rusty3
        Perfect. Thanks Alex.

Rusty A