Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relative strength

esig v10.
    using multiple symbol capability to observe relative strength between 2 symbols on advanced chart. the relative position moves as chart is scrolled, giving different readings for the same date??? is there a way to peg both symbols to the left margin, so i could look at relative strength for past year, or past 3 yrs?
    thanks for any help.
    peter.

Re: relative strength

peter

the relative position moves as chart is scrolled, giving different readings for the same date???
    That is because the overlaid symbols are set to No Scale so the chart tries to maintain the proportions of the unscaled plots.

is there a way to peg both symbols to the left margin, so i could look at relative strength for past year, or past 3 yrs?
    In Edit Studies set the scale of each overlaid symbol to the same side as that of the main symbol
    Alex

Originally posted by peterjerome
    esig v10.
    using multiple symbol capability to observe relative strength between 2 symbols on advanced chart. the relative position moves as chart is scrolled, giving different readings for the same date??? is there a way to peg both symbols to the left margin, so i could look at relative strength for past year, or past 3 yrs?
    thanks for any help.
    peter.

Comment

Alex,
      i'm comparing a $30 stock to the DOW. on same scale, the lower value is completely off scale. the scale needs to be in % not $.
      is this possible in esig?
      thanks,
      peter

Comment

peter
        Not in an Advanced Chart however you can do this using a Standard Chart and setting the Chart Style to Overlay
        Alex

Alex,
        i'm comparing a $30 stock to the DOW. on same scale, the lower value is completely off scale. the scale needs to be in % not $.
        is this possible in esig?
        thanks,
        peter

Comment

alex...that's what i was looking for...thank you
          peter.

Comment

peter
            You are welcome
            Alex

alex...that's what i was looking for...thank you