This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in delayed OPRA data

We are exploring the possibility of providing delayed US Index and Equity Options data as an add-on to our various product offerings. Please participate in this quick survey so we can gauge interest.

Thank you.
    I'd like to get an option quote in my watchlist.
    20.00%
    I'd like to get a quote and look at option chains.
    0.00%
    I'd like to get a quote, view chains and see historical EOD and intraday data in a chart.
    60.00%
    I have no interest in delayed options data.
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

I already have realtime so I'm not sure if this affects me--but what would be most useful is historical data for expired options, at least for a couple months. I have to switch over to ToS thinkBack to analyse options strategies or fantasize about would "could have been".

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Would you be looking for intraday history on expired options or daily bars?

Thanks.

Comment

The more detailed, the better. Either would be helpful, but if I have to choose between longer history ('04/05) or more intraday resolution I would choose longer history. More than just the previous chain and a few weeklys in 1/5min resolution gets to be an overwhelming dataset quickly, especially now that almost everything is penny increment.

Although I've been exceptionally lucky, I've only been trading since late 2007. Being able to go back and see how markets reacted/behaved on minute charts has been priceless in accelerating my experience level beyond my years. Getting a sense for how options react to the reactions has been slower.

**The dream would be CUDA/Tesla support and long history to help me backtest a strategy on all series' and draw up 3axis charts. But by the time eSignal supports CUDA I figure you guys'll have detailed realtime greek and volume visualization like Aqumin's software, and it'll be easy enough to anticipate w/o as much backtesting.**

Comment

I missed the survey - but I would be very interested in the historical opra data for expired options and having option quotes in the watch list!

Comment

I reopened the survey so please vote!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X