V11 dropouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V11 dropouts

I have an EFS which has a button to set a condition true or false. The default is false. I set this running on both V10.6, and V11.3, to get a comparison of returned values, with the button set to true. I let it run while I sleep.

Most times when I check it, the button has reset to false on the V11.3 application, while still continuing correctly on V10.6. I suspect V11 is resetting due to a very short dropout from the server, however V10 is not affected.

Is there anyway that I can configure V11.3 to be more tolerant (assuming this is the problem)? Perhaps a property somewhere where I can extend the wait time for data or reconnection?

Or any suggestions on what other conditions may cause this problem? Kinda makes V11 very hard for me to use.......

Cheers

Mervk

Whoever moved this from the eSignal forum, this is not an EFS problem. It is a V11.3 problem dropping out while V10.6 does not. I also sent this query by email to support, and have no reply. Doesn't anyone from eSignal care?

Comment

Yes we care, this is very difficult to troubleshoot without access to the EFS file itself.

There isn't a way in the eSignal to adjust how long the program waits for a connection and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a setting like this in the application. The eSignal program shouldn't be randomly losing connection to our servers though, there is a time during our midnight reset when he program might lose connection for a short period of time, but other than that it should be able to stay connected, provided the internet connection is stable.

All of that being said, this would be much better taken care of over the phone or via email where we can actually see and test the EFS file in question. If you can PM me your information (username or CID) I can set up a call for you or I can provide an email address where a page and EFS file can be sent so that we can look deeper into this.
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Eric, thanks for replying. As stated, I did seek assistance from support by email, however it remains unanswered. I have had two "dropouts" today with V11, whereas V10 is it's usual unflappable self, and keeps on keeping on. I prefer not to send my EFS, but am tipping I can strip all the code out leaving just the true/false box, and still have the problem. I shall do this and test over the next couple of nights, then PM you for the email address.

Mervk.

Comment

eSignal 11 dropping out

Please let me know of the results.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Eric, been so busy with V10.6, I haven't run V11 since. I will get back to this problem though. Thanks for your patience. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X