Wacom Tablet Scaling/Proportions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom Tablet Scaling/Proportions

I use a Wacom tablet (Intuos3 pen+mouse) and have been switching between that and a regular mouse when using eSignal.

In Windows7 the Wacom mouse acts like a normal mouse in every way. As soon as it travels over an open eSignal window it behaves like the Wacom pen (each coordinate on the tablet is a specific location on the screens).

This would be somewhat workable, except that the Windows mouse cursor still tracks like a mouse, but the clicks respond in eSignal based on the physical location of the mouse on the tablet (as if its the pen). I finally figured out what was going on after a lot of clicking to test the relative location.
    **The 'main' monitor w/ the Start Menu is the far left. The location of the cursor vs the location of the "click" suggests that eSignal maps each individual monitor worth of windows to the full 7680px of the span instead of the 2560px it actually is, and the height as the full span's height instead of just 1600px.**

Also, I recently installed Win7 clean. I had eSignal open when the Wacom driver finished installing, and it worked properly until I restarted eSignal (not Windows--the OS was left running). The restart of eSignal reverted it back to the mismatch when using the mouse. So now I'm not sure how to pinpoint the issue (wacom drivers? graphics card drivers? esignal? some interaction between them? Thunderbolt port monitor mis-representation? etc).
    It does the same thing on a macbook pro 17" with 2x27" monitors+the 17" built-in and mac pro--bootcamp. I don't have a dedicated trading PC built yet, but then I'd just use a regular mouse+the 3DConnexion navigation setup anyway.

Ideas? Help?

Thanks much!

**Edit--Windows clearly knows where the cursor is, but eSignal has its own mapping ideas. If I am clicking in a monitor to the right in another program, it works properly in the program, but also clicks in eSignal in the monitor to the left and steals focus. Hovering over things in eSignal makes the hotspots/highlighting react normally to the correct cursor location (such as in the Research panel), but then actually clicking responds over the left with the weird mapping.**
    Last edited by NeverEnuf81; 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM.

Wacom Tablet and eSignal

I've looked at and used Wacom tablets with the eSignal program before although not very often. Playing with the screen area and tablet area settings in the Wacom software I was able to adjust it so it matches. Doing this and both the mouse and the pen seem to act correctly when interacting with the eSignal program. This is the only thing I can think of that would affect this.

In any case I believe the issue is between eSignal and the Wacom software. Like I said though I've seen it work so I know it can be done, just seems like a question of settings. Please let me know what happens.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I can, in the Wacom options, make the mouse cursor track like the pen deliberately. That works as expected. When I switch it to the mouse-style tracking (so I can move the cursor around without moving my entire arm across vast areas of the tablet), it tracks like a mouse in Win7 and other programs, but like a pen as far as click responses in eSignal, no matter what.

This is not a pressing issue, it would just be nice to use so I can quickly draw on charts I share without having to use separate space to hook up both. So if anyone knows offhand why eSignal would use different mapping than Windows, let me know. I've tried setting up a profile in the Wacom Control Panel specific to eSignal to no avail. I'm not sure what programming mechanism deals with cursor location and how to even know where to begin seeing what's wrong.

Thanks much

Comment

btw, off topic, an applet for 3DConnexion/Logitech info panels would be really useful. Position/account info, alerts, ticker, etc. I'd buy that for sure.

Comment

tablet

Given, the tablet I was testing on is bigger than the intuos3 I still was unable to duplicate the issue with the mouse. The mouse seemed to behave like a normal mouse regardless of whether I was over the eSignal program or not. I'm not quite sure what the issue is here. Perhaps this might be video related. Did I read correctly that you are using the thunderbolt interface?
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Yeah, thunderbolt CinemaHD's. If you verified that it works I'll assume it's likely a driver issue in the thunderbolt ATI cards since that isn't a regular pc feature (the win7 drivers are apple's work) until the newer Xeons come out and I get a dedicated Windows machine.

Thanks much

Comment

tablet

The thunderbolt interface is the only part of this that I haven't tested with eSignal and the setup that you've got. I'm thinking that it has something to do with this. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance on this matter. I hope it works out, keep me posted if you can. And if you need help with anything any thing else, please let me know.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X