Disappointing 11.4 RC1 Data Simulator Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing 11.4 RC1 Data Simulator Tool

I'm disappointed in this new Data Simulator Tool in 11.4 RC1. I mean, when you give me the option to enter a base symbol, I was thinking that, "Wow, these guys are serious. They're going to model the simulation data after the way the REAL symbol moves. Now, *that* would be fantastic because, to my knowledge, there is no tool on the market today which can do that.

So I enter CL J2=1 on a 366v chart (my standard Crude futures scalping chart) and I get:

1. Bars being printed way too fast, even at the lowest speed setting.

2. The bars which are printing are so far removed from the way the Crude futures move that it will have zero value to practice/test with.

With a base symbol, all I see is that you're downloading the real data before you introduce the simulated data onto the chart. If the data simulator is not looking at the real historical data coming in first to build a model of how to generate the fake data bars (which would look astonishingly like the real data which came before), then why even have this tool pull in real data to begin the simulation?

But maybe the fault lies with me. I was expecting something exciting like described above. Instead, it appears to be a typical Brownian Motion random walk type data spitter-outer.

[You have to admit though. It's a great idea. Oh well. Back to using $PLAYBACK in 10.6 with real historical data.]

data simulator

The data simulation tool that was added into eSignal 11.4 was meant to test what a study might look like if the data behaved a certain way in the program. It could be used to test an EFS cross over as well as other things while the market is closed or if the market is not moving in the desired direction.

The idea of having a simulation tool go back and look at historical data and then populate accurately for a particular symbol is a very good one. This is something that we could perhaps look into adding to the program. I will put the idea to our developers.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X