Style Templates etc files when transitioning to ver 11.4 from 11.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style Templates etc files when transitioning to ver 11.4 from 11.3

Please list files and their locations that must be backed up before testing new releases of ver 11.***.

I backed up the files I believed were needed but seems I missed some like chart.xml etc.

I then loaded ver 11.4 beta over ver 11.3 and everything loaded fine. I found 11.4 didn't run/display some of my studies which ran fine in ver 11.3 so I uninstalled it and reinstalled ver 11.3 but my pages were changed by ver 11.4 and now don't work in the reinstalled ver 11.3.

Also at issue is that new versions overwrite older versions and don't seem to be backwards compatible. So returning to the previous version is not possible without having to recreate your pages.

Very time consuming and frustrating when you're only trying to participate in beta testing for the benefit of a stable new release.

Even better if the new/beta versions could be loaded concurrently with the current version, or a utility that automatically backs up and restores all files needed to revert back to the working version.

Wayne

eSignal backup

We have our backup feature built into the eSignal 11 program already. This is the feature that should be used before upgrading to the new beta version of the program. You can click on the eS button at the top of the screen and go down to backip. From here click on the "..." to specify where you would like the back up file placed on your system. Once this is have been selected you can click the backup button at the bottom of this window. This will create a full backup file including all the options that are checked in those boxes.

If you eventually decide to rollback to the old eSignal 11.3 you can then restore this backup file within eSignal 11.3 and it will bring back your original setup. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X