Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Data Simulator Tool

Hi All,

Could someone explain to me how I'm supposed to use the Simulation Tool and in what context?

Following the help all I could do was create a 'simulated' symbol which looks - on the chart - exactly the same as the original.

When does the simulation kick in, and what does it look like on the chart?

Thanks

G.

data simulator

The simulation tool is mainly used for testing if a study will work if certain trends a certain way. This helps for testing EFS files as well as testing study crossovers if the market is closed or the data isn't moving in the direction to be able to test this circumstances.

The way to use the simulation tool is as follows. On a chart, there is a gear/cog icon to the right of the symbol drop down at the top. You can click this icon and then select Inert simulated symbol. From this menu you can also select which direction you would like the simulated data to move. Once you click insert, you will see that the symbol on the changes to your symbol with a .SIM after it. This tells you that you are currently looking at a simulated symbol and not real data.

You can also view and change further simulation settings by clicking on Tools and then data simulator. This will allow you to choose how fast you want the simulated updates to come in for all your simulated symbols. Hope this helps
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X