Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does eSignal 11 have market replay feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does eSignal 11 have market replay feature?

Hi,

I've just installed eSignal 11.4 and I wondered if eSignal has a market replay feature that I could use to practise my trading setups similar to NinjaTrader? I am after something similar to what is outlined in this video

Thanks

Bar Replay

Greetings mallison,

The "Bar Replay" feature is available in eSignal 11, Advanced GET Edition that I use.
    It works very well! You can see the feature at the top of the chart in the photo.
    Just click the Bar Replay button on the "Title Bar" of the chart

I am 99% sure the Bar Replay is also present in Charting of the regular version of eSignal 11.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by positionsize; 04-01-2012, 06:05 AM.

Comment

It is shown here

One more Pic for clarity
      Attached Files
      Last edited by positionsize; 04-01-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am having an issue placing demo orders with it though. Is that supported too? See a short 10 sec video of my sell stop order:

The order did not get filled, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Comment

I am not sure. I never used the demo account with Bar replay because in Version 10.6 chart trading with the bar replay and demo account was not available.

I just tried and found if you are "Flat" and place a stop order, it will not fill. If I execute a market order to take a position, the market order will fill. If I then place a protective stop order, the stop order will fill.

EDIT: Maybe NOT!

The fills are executed at completely wrong prices. The Bid/Ask does not seem to change in Bar Replay Mode so you will get filled at the current real time Bid/Ask if you execute a market order in the demo account while in in Bar Replay Mode.

I am pleasantly surprised it works at all!

Maybe they have not managed to fully implemented the feature yet in Version 11.4.

I hope it is a work in progress and eSignal will fix this soon
          Last edited by positionsize; 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X