Uninstall instructions in Knowledge Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall instructions in Knowledge Base

Something I've often wondered and never got around to asking regarding the instructions in the Knowledge Base on how to remove all traces of 11 from XP.

With XP, step 8 does not mention removing WinSig, and step 9 does not mention removing the Interactive Data entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software.
    I've tried to completely wipe out every trace of previous versions of 11 only once or twice in the past and can't remember if the above folders were deleted during the uninstall process, or if I found and deleted them, or what. Shouldn't they be deleted if not done so automatically? I seem to remember that they remained after the uninstall process, but I could be wrong about that.
    I want to do this before installing 11.4 on one of my computers and just wondered if there is a specific reason why these entries aren't mentioned that would be worth knowing.

Thank you,
    jay
    Last edited by jay60; 04-05-2012, 01:42 AM.

Re: Uninstall instructions in Knowledge Base

Ah, maybe WinSig is not part of 11 but just for 10.6 which I thought I had completely deleted from that computer?

Originally posted by jay60
    Something I've often wondered and never got around to asking regarding the instructions in the Knowledge Base on how to remove all traces of 11 from XP.

With XP, step 8 does not mention removing WinSig, and step 9 does not mention removing the Interactive Data entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software.
    I've tried to completely wipe out every trace of previous versions of 11 only once or twice in the past and can't remember if the above folders were deleted during the uninstall process, or if I found and deleted them, or what. Shouldn't they be deleted if not done so automatically? I seem to remember that they remained after the uninstall process, but I could be wrong about that.
    I want to do this before installing 11.4 on one of my computers and just wondered if there is a specific reason why these entries aren't mentioned that would be worth knowing.

Thank you,
    jay

Comment

this is correct, winsig.exe is not a part of eSignal 11. Instead, eSignal 11 uses esignal.exe.
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
      X