Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is price ruler precision higher than symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is price ruler precision higher than symbol?

In 11.4, when I bring up the ES and measure the price distances, why is the price ruler allowed to measure in increments less than 0.25? This doesn't make any practical sense.

This doesn't happen in 10.6. The ruler is forced to (correctly) measure only in increments of 0.25.

According to our developers, this is already in the works for a future release of the program. Thank you for the report.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Eric, thanks for the update. A little history...

In the main 10.6 application directory, you'll notice that there is a file called specs.tab. It's basically eSignal's database of trading instruments where the program can get specific info about trading symbols, smallest trading increment (aka tick size) being one of those pieces of information.

Version 10.6 uses this file (among other things) to be able to get the ruler increments on a per symbol basis. I found this out when, at one time, the Russell 2K e-mini was measuring 0.05 increments instead of 0.10 increments. When I looked in the specs.tab file, sure enough, there was an incorrect 0.05 entry for the tick size and they fixed the ruler measure by changing that back to a correct 0.10. Updates to the specs.tab file are done automatically by 10.6 without any user involvement. [You probably know this but others reading this might not]
      Last edited by SteveH; 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X