Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Chart not updating

I am using eSignal 8.0.

The chart does not update. The X-axis (time) does not change. Despite it is 11:51am already (Hong Kong time) the 5-min chart is struck at 11:25-30 (i.e., the time I first loaded the program).

It seems that during regular exchange hours it works. But in after-market hours the chart does not update.

The strange thing is that the quote window is updating but not the chart

It used to work and this only happens recently.

the same thing is happening to me today
    yesterday it was ok, but now CME, EUREX and, IDEM futures do not update on charts, even if i can see real time quotes.
    $DAX-XET and $SX5P-STX are working ok.
    In quotes window, the time trading is realtime, but the time adjourn only sometimes
    esignal 8.0
    thx
    max
    Last edited by max72; 05-03-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

12:35 CET: ok now, after many entry/exit.
      problems with esignal are happening frequently lately (all charts stop updating during european session, once it happened only on delayed data). I thought it was a line/modem issue ,because it went ok after checking DSL line or turning off/on modem but now it's getting worst

thx max
      Last edited by max72; 05-03-2012, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I am not able to duplicate this issue and I don't see any reports of data delays or outages for CME. Would it be possible to have you try eSignal 10.6 rather than eSignal 8.0?

We do upgrade our servers periodically and a number of these upgrades have gone through recently, it is possible that eSignal 8.0 might have an issue with these server upgrades, where as the 10.6 would work fine. Let me know if this is something that can be installed on your end
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

I am using eSignal 8. Today I still have this issue. Please see below screen.

The time stamp (lower left corner) shows it is 13:53 already but the chart still shows the bar chart at 12:45.

I will check again with eSignal 10.

Last edited by Richard Yu; 05-03-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I have run eSignal 11.2 and the charts can update without issues.

But I need to use 8.0 as my EFS does not work in version 11.2.

Please help. thx

Comment

eSignal not updating

When I said update, I wasn't really referring to eSignal 11. I realize eSignal 11 is quite a big change or some people and there are EFS files that only work in the 10 series. I was more talking about upgrading to the latest version of eSignal 10.6 to see if this is working.

As I said, we are constantly doing server upgrades to enhance performance of the data and when this is done it's possible that some of the older versions of the program might run into some issues. I'm not sure this is the case right now, but it would be a good test to run the latest version of eSignal 10.6 to see if updates start coming through as they should.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

My EFS also does not work in version 10.6.

Comment

yesterday E8.0 was ok during US session, but today problems go on, and i don't know why.
                  Last E10.6 work ok (EFS too), but any symbol or time frame must be reloaded (except that i keep opened another chart with that symbol and time frame)
                  I am considering all options now
                  max
                  Last edited by max72; 05-04-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Just back to home and try eSignal 8.0. The chart does not update even during RTH.

I believe yesterday the chart did not update during non-RTH but could update itself during RTH (not 100% sure as I was busy yesterday).

Anyway, I can't trade now because of this.

Comment

After extensive testing, I am able to confirm that this is an issue that has to do with our server technology moving forward (being updated) and eSignal 8.0 not keeping up with the changes that we've made.

Our server technology must continue to move forward and at this point we cannot go back and fix eSignal 8.0 to make sure it's compatible, that's the reason we have versions after eSignal 8.0. In order to fix this, I have to recommend an update to at least eSignal 10.6. The issue isn't present on the 10.6 version. Hope this helps.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Can I get refund if I cancel the service?

There are new versions but your company has not announced the discontinuation of the project. So I believe I deserve a refund.

I have tried to upgrade before but unfortunately the EFS I use can't be used in new versions.

Comment

Richard,

Do you have the source code for the EFS? If so, then I don't see why it couldn't be made to work with 10.6.

If you consider the code proprietary, then pull the subset out of the code which works correctly on 8.0 but fails on 10.6 and then we'll go from there.

Comment

We are still looking into the original issue with eSignal 8.0. It appears that this might be part of a larger problem and is something we are looking at fixing. I will update again once I have more information.

Current workaround: update the program to at least 10.6
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

We have a workaround here that will allow clients to keep eSignal 8.0 if they choose (for now). It does require deleting two files out of the eSignal directory and replacing them with two files that I can provide. If you are interested in this workaround please PM me for instructions and please provide an email address.
                              Thank you,
                              Eric O.
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X