11.4 won't run here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.4 won't run here

I have not been able to get 64-bit 11.4.2666 running on a Windows 7, 6 GB memory machine.
    Pages freeze after starting up.
    When I close program it will not start up again when I try.
    eSignal.exe in the Windows Task Manager does not close after closing eSingal 11.4. The task manager after closing eSingal 11.4 shows eSignal.exe using 13% of CPU and 391,600 K memory. The memory value continues to update as if something is actually running. If I kill the process I can open eSignal 11 again.

In 11.3 I could run 15 or so pages with custom scripts (same pages in 11.4 will not run).

If I open a single page only in 11.4 I be able to see a working page. When I open a second page (same charts, same scripts, different symbols in watch lists) eSignal 11.4 freezes. When I click on a symbol chart says: "resolving symbol" and the chart never updates.

I have reverted to 11.3 and will wait for some future release before I try again.
    ....Mike

eSignal 11 freezing

The earlier iterations of eSignal 11.4 had some memory issues. With the release of eSingal 11.4 SP1 we've fixed most of these issues. However, it does require a full removal and reinstall of the latest version of eSignal 11 in order to take advantage of these changes. The next version that will be released shortly (eSignal 11.4 SP2) includes the rest of these memory fixes.

That being said, if we could get a copy of the page/pages that are causing the program to freeze we could test them. Please let me know if this can be done. I'll PM you and email address to send them to.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Re: eSignal 11 freezing

Originally posted by eostrom
      The earlier iterations of eSignal 11.4 had some memory issues. With the release of eSingal 11.4 SP1 we've fixed most of these issues. However, it does require a full removal and reinstall of the latest version of eSignal 11 in order to take advantage of these changes. The next version that will be released shortly (eSignal 11.4 SP2) includes the rest of these memory fixes.

That being said, if we could get a copy of the page/pages that are causing the program to freeze we could test them. Please let me know if this can be done. I'll PM you and email address to send them to.
      Has there been any progress on this? I sent in the script that wont run on May 17. I now placed a clean install of eSignal 11.4 v. 2666 on a brand new 64 bit Windows 7, 3rd gen quad i7, 16GB ram machine. The script will still not run. I am wondering if there is a function in the script that version 4 messed up versus version 3. The script will run fine on version 3.
      ....Mike

Comment

Yes, there has been progress on this thought there is still more progress to go as well. We will be releasing another test build of 11.4 SP2 shortly. This build will include some more fixes for these issues.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom
          Yes, there has been progress on this thought there is still more progress to go as well. We will be releasing another test build of 11.4 SP2 shortly. This build will include some more fixes for these issues.
          Thank you

Mike Scott
          Tarzana, CA
          ....Mike

Comment

where can we download these test builds?

Comment

Originally posted by zottl
              where can we download these test builds?
              I have sent you a PM
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X