Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Status - "receiving"

Hi

I face this issue with some products, Soybean Oil (ZL) being one of them. Say I plot daily chart: The chart keeps receiving history as I drag the chart to right till a point when the status remains "Receiving" and the chart stops receiving any more candles. What happens now is it the chart stops loading any study on it and wont back test on the chart. It feels like it gets busy trying to receive more without success!

It happens with Soybeans as well (I plot ZS 1! daily) and along with this problem ZS loads data for just around past 7 months and then the chart goes to "receiving" mode!

I am subscribed to CBOT data, I can plot ZW just fine.

Are you putting the % before the symbol within eSignal 11? If you are using a 1! symbol within eSignal 11 then you will have to put % before the symbol for it to act like a continuous chart. So the symbol would look like %ZS 1!
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
      Are you putting the % before the symbol within eSignal 11? If you are using a 1! symbol within eSignal 11 then you will have to put % before the symbol for it to act like a continuous chart. So the symbol would look like %ZS 1!
      %ZS 1! returns "invalid symbol". Tried % ZS 1! and %ZS1! as well and all invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Natiroggs View Post
        %ZS 1! returns "invalid symbol". Tried % ZS 1! and %ZS1! as well and all invalid.
        Just realized that I am using esignal 10.6. Does that make a difference?

Comment

Yes, the % symbols do not work and are not required for eSignal 10.6.

do you have specific rollover settings put in for the 1! symbol you are using that are different from the normal #F symbol?
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

do you have specific rollover settings put in for the 1! symbol you are using that are different from the normal #F symbol?
            Yes. I tried to plot #f and it looks good. do we have back adjustment in #f?

Comment

I changed the roll template to "esignal default" (I guess that should make it same as #F). It didnt help.

Comment

No, there is no back adjustment on the #F symbol. Have you tried using a time template on your chart to get more historical data?
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

No, there is no back adjustment on the #F symbol. Have you tried using a time template on your chart to get more historical data?
                  I created a 300 day template but I still get the same amount of data.

Comment

At this point, I am not able to duplicate this issue here at all. I've looked at your account and everything seems to be in order there. I will have to suggest that you get in contact with our tech support team so that we can take a deeper look at what is going on and possibly take control of the system to see what's happening there. Please contact us, when possible. I'm confident that we can get this working for you. Thank you

Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                    X