Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charts not updating at market open ($SPX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charts not updating at market open ($SPX)

I have a daily chart of $SPX. Yesterday, it was fine. Today's data, however, seems to be updating yesterday's bar and I have no bar showing for today in my chart. Rolling the cursor over the last bar on the chart shows 7/26 as the date but it seems to be getting updated with today's data. I'm using v11.4.2733.1117 today. Thanks.

Have you tried reloading the chart or shutting down the program and restarting it? I'm not able to duplicate this issue and I'm connected to the same server that you are.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I tried reloading the chart earlier, but that didn't work. I just closed eSignal and restarted, and that seems to have corrected the situation.
      Thanks.

Comment

This seems to be happening every day. I usually start eSignal during premarket. When the regular session starts, the bar does not increment. I had to restart this morning which corrects the problem. The problem is that I have some indicators that are cumulative calculations from the start of premarket -- so they all get reset. It must be because eSignal doesn't really think yesterday's daily bar is closed until the new one starts in the regular session today but it's having trouble plotting a new daily bar for today. Anyway, a little annoying.

Maybe I should post this in the eSignal folder since it's not really a data problem as I originally thought?

Comment

Would it be possible to have you leave the program open in the morning and have a chart up without the studies on it. I want to make sure that a chart without studies is doing to the same thing as the chart that has studies on it.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

I opened a new chart in premarket this morning with only the symbol. It did the same thing.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X