Chart loading speed in 11.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart loading speed in 11.4

I use version 10.6 presently. My primary use for the software is to scroll rapidly through scanner results, while looking at the corresponding charts, usually 1-minute. With version 11, I found the speed at which the charts loaded, was much too slow for this method to viewing scan results to be practical. By the time I found the right pattern, the entry point would be long gone. Some months ago, I was told on this forum that chart-loading speed would be dramatically improved in version 11.4. I've just tried the latest version of 11.4, and find that this is still not the case. The loading speed is still as slow as the earlier versions of eSignal 11.

I can only use version 11 if the chart-loading speed equals or exceeds that of version 10.6. Do you have any plans to do that, or will I be using only 10.6 from here on in?

Incidentally, I don't know why, but the chart-loading speed in 10.6 was quite slow today. Usually when that happens, I log off and log back in, and that solves the problem. Today, even that didn't work. I hope this problem is just temporary.

eSignal 11 makes different data requests than the 10.6 program makes in some cases depending on what data is being loaded, what studies are on the charts, and the size of the window these charts will populate slower than the 10.6 program. We have improved the speed that charts load in eSignal 11 and we are working on further performance enhancements for the program with each version that comes out. That being said, the data requests are different and because of that the two programs are not going to load the same amount of data at the same times.

I cannot speak to the speed that eSignal 10.6 was loading today without actually being able to take a look at the server you were connected to at the time of the slow downs. If this should happen in the future I would recommend contacting our tech support team in one of the following ways so that we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X