Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know if a Time and Sales trade at a new high/low is at bid or ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know if a Time and Sales trade at a new high/low is at bid or ask?

I understand the color scheme for Time and Sales as displayed in Properties, but when there is a new high or low the price info turns white and the background color turns red if it's a new low (or green if a new high), but does this color red also indicate a trade at the bid (or below bid)? I assume so, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Rusty A
    Attached Files

If you right click in the time and sales window and click on properties you can select Trades from the left menu and color the Trade At Ask and Trade At Bid differently so they can be identified.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I know that, but when a new low is encountered, if it is a "Trade at Bid" the color red gets "overwritten" or replaced by the new low white print/typeface. I could change the New Low color from white to red, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. A new low isn't necessarily a "Trade at the Bid" is it? Or is it? I'm not sure.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Rusty3; 10-23-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Whoops, I still need some help.

Originally posted by Rusty3 View Post
        I know that, but when a new low is encountered, if it is a "Trade at Bid" the color red gets "overwritten" or replaced by the new low white print/typeface. I could change the New Low color from white to red, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. A new low isn't necessarily a "Trade at the Bid" is it? Or is it? I'm not sure.

Thanks.
        I may have responded too quickly originally - I thought my question was answered - but it wasn't. Could you answer my question above?

Thanks.

Comment

A new low isn't necessarily at the bid. It can basically happen anywhere. You are right, if the trade is a new low then the new low color overrights the other colors. A way to identify where these trades happen is something that we are going to have to add to the program. I will submit a request for you. Thank you for the request.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

Thank you.

Rusty A

Comment

Our developers are looking into this possibly for a later build of the program.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X