addEntitlement problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addEntitlement problems

For years now I have been using the addEntitlement feature within some encrypted efs that myself and a number of other eSignal users have been using without any problem.

The text files with the usernames are located in my ISP's web servers, which are located in the metropolitan area of Washington D.C. Since the Sandy hurricane hit the area, whenever we open eSignal with one of the encrypted efs, we get the not authorized error and the efs do not run.

Strangely enough when I open a browser (IE or Chrome) with one of the text files that is located in the same directory as the list of the usernames in my ISP's web servers, then the encrypted efs in eSignal work normally and so do any other efs that I open afterwards. This goes on for a few hours and them the problem re appears and I have to reload the browser again to eliminate the problem.

Any idea why do I connect to my ISP's web servers with a browser without any delay while eSignal does not and only does connect once the route has been found by the browser ?

Thank you

We are currently looking into this.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Last year, a few days after the above posts the problem was resolved. Since then it had occurred at the time of the Sandy hurricane I thought that it had to do with the power failures and internet disruptions associated with the hurricane.

However since Thursday May 23 the problem has resurfaced to all of us. When a few encrypted efs are loaded there is no problem, but the problem appears again when we increase the number of efs loaded, although this number is by far smaller than what we were working with until the problem arose.

Thanking you in advance for looking into this matter, I am always available for any further information.

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on here with this. I do know that there was not anything done on our end when this issue came up last time and when it was fixed. I suspect that this might be an issue with where the permission files are being stored. You may want to contact them to see if there are any issues there. This function is working within the eSignal application without issue currently.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response. The problem disappeared early this week. The files are located in one of the largest and oldest and expensive web hosting companies located in the metropolitan area of Washington D.C. Somehow it seems to me that the lag time between the eSignal and the host servers increases with adverse weather conditions resulting in delays when multiple heavy custom made efs are applied to a Watch List. And when the delays last more than a certain time, the instruments that were fist to use the efs work well, while the ones at the end of the queue produce an error.

If you wish I can send you now in private or whenever the problem arises again details of the server where the files are located, so that you can ping them and trace the route from your servers to them.

Thank you for the good work.

Comment

Working...
          X