Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my basic sound alerts to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my basic sound alerts to work?

Hello,

I cannot get a standard sound alert to work. I've got some levels set up in the $TICK chart. The pop-up alerts work, but there is no sound. When I hit the arrow to the right of the sound menu box (which I assume is for testing) there is no sound either. I have searched for solutions in the forum, but no luck.

My speakers are working.
    Windows 7 sounds work.
    eSignal sounds will play in Windows Media Player, but they will not play if I change a Window path to them in the windows/sounds box.
    Even if I move a working eSignal .wav file from "libraries/documents/Interactive Data/Sound" to "Computer/OS(C)/Windows/Media," I still cannot get that .wav file to work in the Windows/Sound box.

Maybe Windows 7 is blocking the eSignal sounds somehow. I'm using eSignal 11.6.3024.1119 64-bit (up to date).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rusty A

Never mind! I upgraded my Realtek audio driver and all is well!

Thanks,
    Rusty A

Comment

Actually Windows 7 had indicated that I had the latest driver (through the audio properties button), but when I went to the Dell website it ran a diagnostic on my computer that told me there was a newer driver available. That fixed it.

Comment

Good to hear that it has now been fixed. The windows driver detection isn't the best as you have discovered, it's often times much better to go to the manufacturer's website and update drivers from there.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X