Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a "pop" sound when I change time intervals. What is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a "pop" sound when I change time intervals. What is that?

Greetings,

Just as the chart finishes loading for a different time interval there is a "pop" sound. And it only happens if the interval is in minutes 1 up through 240. It doesn't happen when I load ticks or days, weeks, months.
    And it's just on my futures index charts, the YM and ES, not on stocks or any market internals.

I don't have any sound alerts created for this that I know of, or that I can find. Is this "manageable," i.e., can I turn it off if I want to? (I know I'm not hearing things because when I mute my speakers the "pop" disappears (so to speak!).

I'm using eSignal 11.6.3024.119 64 bit. Windows 7.

Thanks,
    Rusty A

That's very strange. The eSignal program is not set up to make a sound when an interval is changed like that. We may need you to call into our tech support team so that we can take control of the system for a little bit and listen to the pop sound to know what's going on. Please feel free to contact us. Thank you

Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

Thanks for the offer. Before I do contact tech support, is there any way to identify the source of any/all sounds that eSignal is currently making? I mean other than going through every chart and checking for any sound alerts that are activated?

(While I have many sound alerts activated in various charts, TICk, TICKI, etc., when I open TOOL/MANAGE ALERTS there is nothing there.)

Thanks,
      Rusty A

P.s. I thought it would make more sense to add this into my existing thread than wall-paper the forum with related questions.

Comment

Hi,

You can find a listing of the sounds that the program uses and for which function by clicking the eS icon and selecting Application Properties, then Notifications.

Sincerely,

Eric L.

Comment

Eric,

Thank you. Actually I found the "application properties" under the "Options" icon. None of the notifications shown generated the pop sounds I'm hearing. Also I've noticed that the pop also occurs when my displayed chart loads a new bar.

Thanks,
          Rusty A

Comment

It is possible that it is an EFS that is generating the alert. Check the Alerts Log to see if this is the case.

Also, if you close your page(s) and open a new page and and new chart, is the sound generated?

Comment

Eric,

Originally posted by eSignal_EricL View Post
              It is possible that it is an EFS that is generating the alert.
              Bingo! I had a little add-in study called "remaining bar time." I checked its efs and sure enough there was an alert with "pop.wav."

Thank you very much! You are the Man!

Rusty A

Comment

Great!! Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Working...
                X