Renko changing charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renko changing charts

I use Renko charts. Every time I close down and reopen my esignal, the chart forms differently. And if I do it on 2 different computers, it forms differently on each computer. I think this is because it loads from the present moment and backwards. I would like to have the same chart every time I look, and continue with the same chart from day to day. Is there a way to set the chart to load from a specific moment and forward? I think that would solve my dillema. Thanks.
    Also, when I overlay another Renko with a different setting (i.e. a 1 point over a 2 point), they don't begin at the same moment or price. I would like to fix that too.thanks again.

shufl
    You should use a time template that loads a specific number of days rather than bars.
    That should resolve the issue of differently formed charts when these are refreshed/reloaded during the course of a day. It should also resolve the issue of the starting price [but not that of time since this depends on when the bricks close]. That said you still need to increase the number of days every day or you will have differently formed charts because the starting price changes. This however can be resolved by using the option to restart the Renko [and/or other similar chart types] at each session
    Alex

Originally posted by shufl View Post
    I use Renko charts. Every time I close down and reopen my esignal, the chart forms differently. And if I do it on 2 different computers, it forms differently on each computer. I think this is because it loads from the present moment and backwards. I would like to have the same chart every time I look, and continue with the same chart from day to day. Is there a way to set the chart to load from a specific moment and forward? I think that would solve my dillema. Thanks.
    Also, when I overlay another Renko with a different setting (i.e. a 1 point over a 2 point), they don't begin at the same moment or price. I would like to fix that too.thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro View Post
      shufl
      You should use a time template that loads a specific number of days rather than bars.
      That should resolve the issue of differently formed charts when these are refreshed/reloaded during the course of a day. It should also resolve the issue of the starting price [but not that of time since this depends on when the bricks close]. That said you still need to increase the number of days every day or you will have differently formed charts because the starting price changes. This however can be resolved by using the option to restart the Renko [and/or other similar chart types] at each session
      Alex
      I set the time template to 10 days. Every day I have been adding 1 day. This has helped a lot. However, very often after I close esignal, during the same day, even a few minutes later, when I reopen it later it shows a different chart. It is hard to trade when the chart is inconsistent. What can I do? Thanks.

Comment

shufl
        I am not seeing the behavior you describe.
        Enclosed below is a sequence of screenshots captured over the course of four trading days using the same chart in which I increased the number of days by 1 every day
        I added some horizontal and vertical lines to pinpoint the starting box and a selection of high and low turning points [highlighted by rectangles].
        Even after closing and reopening eSignal within the same day - regardless if for a brief or extended period of time - the charts appear to be consistent at my end
        Alex

Originally posted by shufl View Post
        I set the time template to 10 days. Every day I have been adding 1 day. This has helped a lot. However, very often after I close esignal, during the same day, even a few minutes later, when I reopen it later it shows a different chart. It is hard to trade when the chart is inconsistent. What can I do? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X