Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried %SG 1!-sgx=2 on latest build - 11.6.3114?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried %SG 1!-sgx=2 on latest build - 11.6.3114?

Hi,

Has anyone tried using symbol %SG 1!-sgx=2 on latest build - 11.6.3114? I am currently using 11.6.3024, but this has an issue of rolling over on the last trading day (instead of start of far month contract). A newer version - 11.6.3099 fixes this issue, but created another issue of price reliability. Specifically, there is an intermittent issue with latest candle not reflecting the actual price range correctly. I understand that 11.6 SP1 will fix this issue. Since there is a latest version available, just checking if anyone has used this without problem on %SG 1!-sgx=2

%SG 1!-sgx=2 appears to work fine in the latest version of the program. The latest/current bar doesn't appear to have the same calculation issues that were in previous builds. Please let me know how this works for you. Thank you
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks, Eric for the feedback. Will update once I have the chance to try this out.

Comment

Hi Eric,

11.6.3114 still has the same intermittent issue of not updating the 'current' bar correctly. When the chart first appeared, the 'current' bar will show up correctly for a few seconds, then turned into a single price (last done price). As I have 'lost' about a week's worth of trading time due to this issue last week, I did not pursue this further and revert back to version 11.6.3024. Can you please look into this. Appears more frequently on higher timeframe intraday chart, eg 60M and 240M.

thanks,
        Roger

Comment

we are looking deeper into this. I will let you know when we have some further information. Thank you
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,

Not sure if you have been forwarded the findings that I compiled for "[email protected]" on this issue. Am posting it here in case you haven't seen this. I could not afford to 'test' 11.6.3114 as I need to focus on my trading but on first glance, issue appears to be similar to version 11.6.3099. Only difference seems to be the way error is occurring on the "current" bar. It will appear correctly very briefly but not ended up with a single (last done) price.

A. Test outcome using different builds, PC, and internet.

1. Version 11.6.3099 - problem remains on different PC and different internet providers
            2. Version 11.6. 3024 - works fine on different PC and different internet providers

My take: Think the issue is with latest build 11.6.3099 released July 1. I should have guessed this earlier on since I did not encounter such issue till I switch over to version 11.6.3099 last thursday.

B. Summary of issue when using version 11.6.3099:

1. Issue - candle does not capture the OHLC correctly. It is much shorter than what it should, thus resulting in errorneous "gap"
            2. Issue is random. At times it worked perfectly. Then when issues occurred, it just won't go away. Eg, today it works fine till 12.30pm. Then close to 4pm, it seems to work fine again. But I need to frequently exit and re-launch to get the "past" candles refresh with correct prices.
            3. This is for intraday charts. The daily chart seems to be OK though I did not study this carefully.
            4. The candle that is still forming within the timeframe will persist even if click the refresh button or exit and re-launch the program
            5. For candles that have completed the timeframe, it gets updated correctly when exit and re-launch program. Clicking refresh button works sometimes but not all the time.
            6. When the refresh button is clicked, the 'latest' candle will be larger momentarily (supposed this is correct range), and quickly revert back to the issue of incorrect price range (small range, or showing gaps where it shouldn't be)
            7. the missing 8am bar only occurred once, didn't see this issue anymore.

For now, I will continue to use version 11.6.3024. I rather live with the rollover issue on the last trading day, than the random price error on the latest version.

Comment

Our developers have found this issue and we are working on a fix for this for the next release of the application.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

That is exactly the bug that eSignal On Demand has so I presume that the bug was "imported" from there.

Comment

Having the same problem, the XX #F symbols seem to be fine, the %XX 1! symbols are having the problem. The current contract, i.e. XX U3, works fine initially, but if I then switch to the %XX 1! format of the same instrument and then switch back to XX U3, it will have the same problem.

Comment

@noodlesong, Yes this is the same issue and it will be fixed in the next release of the application.
                    Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Can you give any estimated time for it to be released?

Comment

We hope to have this released before the end of August.
                        Thank you,
                        Eric O.
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric, I received notification that new version 11.6.3167.1081 is available. Does this fixed this issue?

thanks,
                          Roger

Comment

Yes, this should take care of the issue that you are having. You may need to remove the previous version and install this one.
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric, tried this but unfortunately still has issue. I did a 'clean' uninstall and remove all "interactivedata" folders. I attached 2 images to show the 60 min chart is not consistent with 5 and 15 min chart. This seems to be new issue as the 'narrow range' issue does not seem to occur. However, on symbol %SG 1!-sgx (without sgx=2), the narrow range issue occur on 60 min chart. I have no time to print the image for this one.

I have been using version 11.6.3024.1119 and this does not have any price inconsistency issue except for the rollover issue on the last trading day (which I had reported earlier). Can you please help fix this completely. thanks.

RogerClick image for larger version

Name:	3167 issue 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	242898Click image for larger version

Name:	3167 issue 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	242899

Comment

Working...
                              X