e-mail alert on trend line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail alert on trend line

Someone asked about e-mail alerts when a trend line is broken. I tried it but didn't receive an e-mail.
    Should the e-mail be sent to the address already registered with eSignal? Or do you have to enter an address in Application Properties, e-mail? Actually tried that but still no e-mail.
    Last edited by jay60; 09-20-2013, 08:37 AM.

The email is sent to/from the addresses you set up in the E-mail tab of the Application Properties
    Alex

Originally posted by jay60 View Post
    Someone asked about e-mail alerts when a trend line is broken. I tried it but didn't receive an e-mail.
    Should the e-mail be sent to the address already registered with eSignal?

Comment

Hi Alex,

I entered my address in the From:/To: lines but still no e-mail. Are any other entries required?

Thank you,
      jay

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro View Post
      The email is sent to/from the addresses you set up in the E-mail tab of the Application Properties
      Alex

Last edited by jay60; 09-20-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

You need to fill in all the appropriate fields (SMTP Server information, whether authentication is required and if so your username and password for your email account, etc).
        You may need to contact your ISP or email provider for this information or you can derive it from your email client [eg Outlook] if you use any
        Alex

Originally posted by jay60 View Post
        Hi Alex,

I entered my address in the From:/To: lines but still no e-mail. Are any other entries required?

Thank you,
        jay

Comment

Thank you very much, Alex. Followed your instructions and I got it working.

jay

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro View Post
          You need to fill in all the appropriate fields (SMTP Server information, whether authentication is required and if so your username and password for your email account, etc).
          You may need to contact your ISP or email provider for this information or you can derive it from your email client [eg Outlook] if you use any
          Alex

Comment

Before starting this thread I checked the knowledgebase on how to set up an e-mail alert when a trend line is broken. Under Alerts on Line Tools (5452) there was no such explanation. It would be better if therein a reference was made to Configuring and troubleshooting Email Alerts and/or to Alerts where a detailed explanation is given.

Comment

Working...
            X