11.6 randomly shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.6 randomly shutting down

I recently started using 11.6 and I have had a couple on instances of esignal randomly shutting down. Both the software and the data server. This is weird as it doesn't appear to be like a crash. No memory leaks or system issues. Sometimes it will occur after 24 hours. Sometimes after a week of operation. It's like it actually closes itself down. Any ideas what could be causing this?

At first I thought it might be related to hybernation mode so I disabled that, but the issue continued. Then I thought it maybe some type of time clock issue, running different computer and exchange times. So I synced these. But it has happened again. Does esignal generate a crash report or something I can check?

I use logmein remote desktop software to log in remotely to my trading computer. Is it possible that this could be causing some type of conflict or authentication issue that causes this problem?

Runningbear

if eSignal experiences a crash, a crash report screen pops up and it prompts you to send the report to our developers. If that crash report screen isn't coming up then something else is going on. You might want to check the application error log within windows to see what error is happening when it closes. You can get to this by right clicking on "Computer" and then clicking on Manage. From here you can go to the even viewer and see what log is being generated. I hope this helps, thank you.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
      if eSignal experiences a crash, a crash report screen pops up and it prompts you to send the report to our developers. If that crash report screen isn't coming up then something else is going on. You might want to check the application error log within windows to see what error is happening when it closes. You can get to this by right clicking on "Computer" and then clicking on Manage. From here you can go to the even viewer and see what log is being generated. I hope this helps, thank you.
      Hi Eric, thanks for that. Under Event Viewer, I notice a number of events are flagged with 'Warning' and 'Error' and they each have a code that relates to the type of event. Can you tell me what I should be looking out for here?

thanks,

Runningbear

Comment

the first thing that you want to look for are events that have to do with eSignal.exe. This is a list of all the events happening on the system.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
          the first thing that you want to look for are events that have to do with eSignal.exe. This is a list of all the events happening on the system.
          Hi Eric, I'm had this shut down issue again last night. I looked at the event viewer for the last 24 hours and found the following events listed.

Event ID 8224 - VSS Service shutting down due to timeout

Critical Error - Event ID 10 Source WMI

I'm not sure what either of these mean.

At this stage I can only think of two things that are causing the issue.

Firstly, I installed version 10.6 after I installed version 11.6 and I then deleted version 10.6 off my computer. Im thinking that this may have caused some kind of issue.

Secondly, I had my machine upgraded to an SSD drive and the shop did the OS install as well as driver updates. The other thing is that it could be some type of driver issue.

I'm now thinking of doing a fresh OS install and a fresh install of 11.7, as I cant think of any other option.

Runningbear

Comment

The VSS shutting down is a normal event, there should be an area in event viewer where you can see errors that are happening with specific applications. This would be where to look.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X