Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Tool?

Hello all.

Is there a (line) tool, or indicator, where I can select two different points in a chart and then see the (absolute) change in value from the two different points? Like a measuring tool?

Thank you in advance for your help.

if you right click the trend line tool in eSignal you can click on Price Ruler. This will do what you are asking.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
      if you right click the trend line tool in eSignal you can click on Price Ruler. This will do what you are asking.
      That is great - I get the Absolute value; Now, does someone have code to show percentage change? (I already can see that it is not an option through the standard Tool)

Thanks.

Comment

uhehs
        Look again...
        Alex

Originally posted by uhehs View Post
        That is great - I get the Absolute value; Now, does someone have code to show percentage change? (I already can see that it is not an option through the standard Tool)

Thanks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	segment.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	242956

this is all I see. Nothing allowing the Percentage Change.

Comment

That looks like a QCharts screen. The screen that Alex is pointing out is in eSignl 11.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

I'm using eSignal ver10; so the percentage option is only in ver11?

Comment

My mistake. Yes, this feature is only available in version 11. Within version 10 you can double click on the your chart to place a point and then move the mouse to get a percentage change. It's a similar feature to the ruler in eSignal 11, just implemented differently.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

My mistake. Yes, this feature is only available in version 11. Within version 10 you can double click on the your chart to place a point and then move the mouse to get a percentage change. It's a similar feature to the ruler in eSignal 11, just implemented differently.

double click after selecting which line tool? (Trendline and Segment tools only give me the option for Price Ruler.)

Comment

You'll need to the data window visible to do this because this is where the information will appear, but you can just double click some empty space on the chart to see what I am talking about.
                    Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

You'll need to the data window visible to do this because this is where the information will appear, but you can just double click some empty space on the chart to see what I am talking about.
                      got it now - that's what the "Csr%" is!?

Thanks for being patient with me. I have spent the last 15 years on Metastock and have finally migrated to everything eSignal.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and all.

Comment

Glad it worked for you! Yes, that's what it means. Happy New Year to you as well.
                        Thank you,
                        Eric O.
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                        X