X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Data

Hi,

I am comparatively new to Esignal.

I am trying to build a data-base of intraday data in excel.

Continually having problems of missing data for certain FX instruments(currently using: EUR A0-FX, GBP A0-FX etc).

I want to have consistent data across all instruments i.e. the Time needs to be the same across instruments. This is comparison purposes and doing various calculations in Excel and other software.

Is there a way to get consistent data across all instruments (eg: all currency pairs)? Am I using the correct instruments? I read somewhere on the forums about adding in the feed of only one broker(IB or such) to get it to be more consistent. Can someone shed more light on this?

At the moment I have tried Qlink and Data export from chart. Then cleaning the data by deleting/adding in data from MT4 etc. It is very irritating and I expect better from E-Signal. I assume some mistake on my part and need some guidance for this.

Thanks

If you use the A0 symbols you are using our composite forex feed which consists of different banks depending on the specific forex pair you are looking at. If you would like more consistent data you can use a single contributor symbol like EUR@FXCM A0-FX and GBP@FXCM A0-FX. This will ensure that just FXCM is used to get data for both symbols. I hope this helps, thank you.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks I will try @FXCM today and report back.

Comment

Working...
      X