Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having serrious problem with esignal. NEED HELP PLS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having serrious problem with esignal. NEED HELP PLS!

Thank you in advance.

I am a full time trader and an instructor with Online Trading academy in Canada where we use esignal on all 30 of our computers. My computer however has developed a problem and has prevented me from trading using esignal for part of the last 2 weeks. The problem seems to be intermittent. Sometimes esignal works most the time it does not.
    I run windows 7 on a quad processor I 7 with 16 gigs ram with 6 screens. I run esignal on 3 of my personal computers but my main trading computer is the one having problems.
    The problem is when I try log in I get a pop up window that says this
    “Please tell esignal about this problem. “ “Application has encountered a problem and will be terminated. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We have created a report which will help us to improve application……..”
    Then it just shuts down. The original thought was it might be a corruption in one of my pages. So the tech had me uninstall and reinstall with none of my pages and it worked, for a few days. I recreated a couple pages and watch list and the same problem began.
    Next the tech directed me to the knowledge base to do a full uninstall, which I did, regedit and everything. (I do believe I did it correctly though I am not a computer tech so…) After rebooting and reinstalling esignal loaded great the first time. I rebooted again and tried to load again and got the same problem.

I either uninstalled incorrectly or have some conflicting program on my computer I am thinking.

Programs on my computer.

AVG anti virus
    Camtasia
    Dragon
    Microsoft office

I should also mention that the hard drive on this computer has been wiped only a few months ago and it has been fine.
    That’s about it. This computer is for trading nothing more.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!! I’d love to have this problem fixed so I can work Monday morning. Not to mention I have a class to teach in just over a week and it’s going to be problematic tell my students the instructor can’t get esignal charts to work on his computer…

Thanks for your time!
    Lloyd

Currently you are still having the crashing issue correct? Would you be able to send that crash report to us (a new one) and also provide your pages via email (I'll PM you)?
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I do not know how to generate a crash report but would be happy to do so If you can tell me how. I deleted all my pages to I don't have them any more sorry. Last night I was having the same problem so I tried something new. I deleted all java folders and installed only the 32 bit java file. My operating system is 64 bit but I figured I 'll give it a try. I was able to log on to esignal and recreate a couple new pages enough to trade today. I just finished logging in and a several times as well as rebooting the computer 5 times. Esignal started first try every time.

I don't want to get to ahead of myself and recreate all my pages only to have it start crashing again but so far this looks promising..

Once I get the instructions I 'll get the crash report out to you. I'll also keep you informed on any more crashes.

Thanks

Comment

Java really shouldn't have anything to do with eSignal, but it's good that at least for now the issues seem to be gone. When the eSignal crash message comes up it should give you the opportunity to send us a crash report. If it doesn't and you can still get into the eSignal program, you can use the Support>>Report a Bug feature to send a log file to our developers.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

It actually looks like we have your crash reports here already. Is this still working for you?
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Everything is working fine but he problem is intermittent so this may only be a temporary victory. Removing 64 Bit java from my computer seems to have fixed it though. If you find anything of interest in the crash reports that could refer to a different problem pls keep me informed.

Thanks again for you help!

Comment

Working...
            X