Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal issues

Hi,

I have been experiencing problems with eSignal over the last few weeks. I contacted Support but they haven't been able to help me.

Basically some of my charts are loading very slowly.The problem goes like this:

1) I change a symbol on my standard chart

2)The prices load inmmediately

3) The studies show the legend [Pending....], [Started....] and nothing happens

4) 3 or 4 minutes later the studies appear

The most frustrating thing is that this doesn't happen for all symbols!

If I plot an index (e.g., $SPX, $NDX, or pretty much any index) it works perfect, even stocks it works fine. The problem is with ETFs and with ratios using ETFs.

This is kiling me. I had the exact same setup (i.e., workspaces, charts, studies) for several months with no problems and then it just started to have issues. I updated to the last version and still this is occurring (again mostly for ETFs and ratios).

I wanted to check if anyone has been experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSI_World20140309082939.png
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	242962

This is how it looks. This chart took 3 minutes to load....

Comment

One final comment. Once the chart loads, if i change symbols and the go back to the previous one, it works fine.

So it seems to me that there is some problem with a "cache" type of setup. For the most requested symbols (indices, heavily traded stocks, heavily traded ETFs like SPY) it works fine, but for the rest, it just doesn't work.

I don't know... Again, this is not an issue with my studies or my setup because it works with other symbols...

Comment

Do you experience the same issue if you don't have any studies on your chart and on a new page?
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Unfortunately I do. See below

Name:	MODELO BASICO20140310103834.png
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	242963

Comment

Again, prices show up immediately, studies take forever.

Another example below. As you can see, this occurs with pain vainilla studies.

Name:	MODELO BASICO20140310104114.png
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	242964

Comment

How do the studies load if you don't have it set to load 100,000 bars right away? Does it change the load time at all?
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Yes. It changes. If I select Dynamic it works faster, but most of my studies use long time frames so I need to have the maximum number of bars possible.

Also, this wasn't an issue before, nor it is an issue with indexes. So again, it seems there is a problem somewhere on how the data is feeding that didn't existed before.

Thanks

Comment

I have 3 people that were looking into this and none of us were able to duplicate the issue. Even when connected to the same servers that you're on we are unable to replicate what you are seeing. We may need to remote into the system to find out what's going with this. Please PM me with a good number to reach you at and a good time and we'll see if we can work something out. Thank you
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

I have this issue reported to our developers to see if there's anything going on there. Just as a work around I've found that if you compress the chart to show most of the bars for the time template, the data loads and then the studies populate very soon after (within 30 seconds). Although I was able to duplicate this on the phone, with my charts setup as mentioned I have not been able to duplicate the issue. It's not a solution, but it's a workaround it seems, for the time being. Please let me know.

Come tomorrow, I should have some more information for you on this. Thank you
                    Thank you,
                    Eric O.
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks

Comment

It looks like this has to do bar count. Basically there is an error in the bar count when it is set using a time template on the chart. The issue is the studies attempt to wait for when the bars are fully loaded back before populating. A work around right now would be to change this to number of days back rather than a bar count. We are working on fixing this bug though. I hope this helps, thank you.
                        Thank you,
                        Eric O.
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
                          It looks like this has to do bar count. Basically there is an error in the bar count when it is set using a time template on the chart. The issue is the studies attempt to wait for when the bars are fully loaded back before populating. A work around right now would be to change this to number of days back rather than a bar count. We are working on fixing this bug though. I hope this helps, thank you.
                          Eric,

Any updates on this? I downloaded the most recent version and I am still having problems. This is really painful for me. I tried reducing the number of bars/days, everything but it is still not working as before.

Are you guys at least working on this issue?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, we are aware and working on the issue. It should be fixed when the next version is released, thank you.
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                            X