Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Time Template For Hiding Weekend Data (Sunday Candles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Time Template For Hiding Weekend Data (Sunday Candles)

Hello to all,
    Time template is a powerful tool for managing the data we want to analyze on the chart.
    About hiding weekend data, I tried to insert different setting on the sessions of the time template but I failed to hide weekends.
    Also, It's important we hide just the weekends not other useful data on 5 normal trading days (Monday to Friday).
    Could you please offer a setting for the sessions of the time template, can hide weekends?

There is another solution... May be...

Hiding weekends in forex can probably be done with an .efs
    Last edited by Mr.Hoo; 03-08-2016, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Mr. Hoo,

Forex does trade on Sunday and there is no way to exclude that data since it is correct. Click here for the section of a knowledgebase article which explains it.

An EFS study will not exclude the data.

Sincerely,

Eric
      Tech Support
      Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 03-14-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_EricL View Post
        Hi Mr. Hoo,

Forex does trade on Sunday and there is no way to exclude that data since it is correct. Click here for the section of a knowledgebase article which explains it.

An EFS study will not exclude the data.

Sincerely,

Eric
        Tech Support
        Hello Eric,

Thank you for the explanations. Actually many brokers and platforms offer an option to Hide/Show weekend data because there are few strategies need a chart having no weekends.
        It doesn't mean that weekends are usefulness always for any strategy.

So for eSignal (as a professional software) it's important to offer this option too.

Best Regards

Comment

I would like to be able to eliminate bars for FOREX before 22:00 UTC on a Sunday, after 22:00 on a Friday, and on public holidays such as the 1st January where there is no real trading, as these bars mess up my charts.
          One way to achieve this would be to enhance the Time Templates so that sessions could be defined for each day of the week. The current Time Templates cannot do this.

Comment

Hi Charles_Kirk,

You can request that the time template be enhanced by clicking Support on the main menu bar in the eSignal Program. Select Request a Feature and fill out the form. This goes directly to the developers for consideration to implement it.

Sincerely,

Eric
            Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X