Time and Sales Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time and Sales Issue

I have a question with regards to Time and Sales. I'm using esignal version 7.6 build 636A.

I've attached a capture of my T&S for the last few days. I have chosen to color them (Green for Trade at Ask/Above Ask) and (Red for Trade at Bid/Below Bid).

I noticed a bunch of trades which did not fall into either color (category) but showed up as (black text over white background). I experimented with the colors in properties and realised that they were the "Default"category colors. So I changed them to Grey with White text as seen in picture here.

My question is... What are these "default" colored trades?? They're not trades done on the Bid nor at the Offer side. So what are they? Can someone pls help me understand this?

I would like to be able to associate trades as either offer taken or bid given, and I think all trades should fall under either category?

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anson; 08-05-2004, 07:18 AM.

This is normal and is frequently the case, depending upon several factors:

1) the minimum spread
    2) the exchange/environment Nasdaq vs Globex

May also be dependent upon precision of pricing of bid/ask vs trade prices to n decimal places...

Comment

Originally posted by bfry5282
      This is normal and is frequently the case, depending upon several factors:

1) the minimum spread
      2) the exchange/environment Nasdaq vs Globex

May also be dependent upon precision of pricing of bid/ask vs trade prices to n decimal places...
      bfry5282,

Thanks for the reply... but I still do not understand what they are...

Do they fall under either trades done on the Offer or the Bid??

I am quite confused.

Comment

My color settings in properties to help clarify the issue.
        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe the market momentarily "crosses" such that the last reported Bid is equal to or greater than the last reported Ask price. In this case, I would use a default coloration, as there is no defined spread or spread may be zero, thus impossible to determine relative to the assumption that a spread is present?

Comment

Thanks, bfry.

I guess you're right.
            Would be nice to be able to see all trades clearly tho.

Comment

Working...
            X