Generate Multiple Charts from External Symbol List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generate Multiple Charts from External Symbol List

Is there a way to take a list of symbols that were generated from some outside source and generate a separate advanced chart for each one?

Ron
    Ronald J. Alterman

Hi Ron,

You can use the Dynamic Quote File to pull in data from an outside source such as a .txt file into eSignal. In regards to building an Advanced Chart for each symbol in the list, this will need to be done manually by right clicking on the symbol in the Quote Window and choosing Advanced Chart. To see how to use the Dynamic Quote File feature, you'll want to review the following post. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Duane. Unfortunately, that's not going to help me. What I do at the moment is scan a stock database for stocks that have certain attributes. I download that list into an EXCEL spreadsheet.

I put up an advanced chart, with all the indicators that I use, and go through the list stock by stock and make another list of the stocks that meet my exact criteria. The problem is that this is very time consuming.

If I would have been able to generate all the charts by uploading a list, it would have saved me the trouble of typing in the symbols and waiting for each chart to build seperately. Depending on the time of day, it could take several minutes per chart. The best scenario would be if I could use esignal to scan for stocks and then directly generate the charts. I opened a separate ticket on the scanning tool that esignal has and apparently it doesn't have the ability to create custom scans either.

Ron
      Ronald J. Alterman

Comment

Working...
      X