Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal Files copy-able to new computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Files copy-able to new computer?

I downloaded the latest eSignal (7.6R3) to my new computer, and copied over my chart and quote list and quote board files from 7.6R3 in my old PC - no problem. I forgot to copy some unique efs's, but I can find them in my old computer and copy to the new one.

What other file types are copy-able? In particular, can I copy over my time templates setup, and my hotkeys? What about defaults for charts and indicators?

Regards
    shaeffer

Hi,

KB Article 1530 addresses this very question.

The KnowledgeBase is a great place to start your search. The reporting on the backend gives us detailed information on what users are searching for, successfully and unsucessfully. We use that information on a daily basis to improve the content.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi shaeffer,

In regards to the EFS files, they would most likely be saved in the Formulas folder on the old computer. As far as the Time Templates are concerned, they should be attached to a particular .ACH file. When you copy the Advanced Chart files to the new directory, the Time Templates should go with them. The same goes for any style templates that you've applied to the Advanced Chart.

I'm not sure how the hotkeys are handled, but I'll check with the Product Manager on this and reply back to this thread. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi shaeffer,

I wanted to follow up with your question about the file that controls the hotkey associations.

Within the eSignal directory, there is a Templates folder. Inside the templates folder, there is a file called Default.kbt. This file controls the hotkeys that have been designated and is the one you'll want to transfer to the new directory. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Scott, Duane,

I found the hotkey file, and EFS files and they copied over great. And any .ACH file with a non-standard time template, imported that template - also great.

Even though I copied the .AT file with the same name as my layout, my alerts did not carry over, but no problem re-setting them.

A few different fonts appeared, and my line tools defaults were lost - both minor things. Basically moving my eSignal setup to the new computer went extremely well.

The only strange thing was that I have a popup Triggered Alert List, associated with a high/low stochastics EFS. That Alert List previously had 3 columns (Trigger Time, Symbol, and Up/Down). Now it only has two columns - the Up/Down now appears under the trigger time. I thought these popups were unchangeable. I've always wanted to remove the 'date' part of the trigger time - a waste of monitor space. Can these popups be changed, or are there different versions of them? (I can re-ask this in the efs forum if not a simple answer)

Regards
          shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer

...That Alert List previously had 3 columns (Trigger Time, Symbol, and Up/Down). Now it only has two columns...

Right click the Triggered Alert List window and select Single Line Mode.
            Alex

Comment

That did it Alex, Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X