Xp Sp2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp Sp2

Are there any issues or conflicts with esignal and the new XP service pack 2?

We're currently testing out SP2, and there is an issue with the installer. Currently, the eSignal installer will not run if XP's 2nd Serivce Pack is installed with all the default settings. We are investigating why and hope to have a resolution soon. Other components of our products continue to be tested. We'll report back on this thread with any further discoveries.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

So we shouldn't install XP SP2 quite yet if we want to run eSignal 7.6?

Regards
      shaeffer

Comment

After further research it was found that eSignal installs fine after installing SP2. Please ignore my earlier post. The only issues seen with SP2 are the enhanced security / firewall features in SP2 can prevent eSignal from connecting to our servers if eSignal is not permissioned properly during the setup of SP2.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

That's good news Jay, thanks.

I just yesterday networked my two computers for the first time with a 2Wire Homeportal which has its own firewall. I'm not sure how that might be different from XP's firewall, but as I'm new to home networking, is there an FAQ with details on how to 'permission eSignal properly' with firewalls?

Regards
          shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
            See this eSignal KnowledgeBase article on configuring firewalls
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X