Drawing Tools not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing Tools not working

I'm trying to draw a trend line over a MACD histogram using the "segment" tool. But my segment tool seems to be locked to the zero line...it won't let me draw a line anywhere except on top of the zero line.

I've tried turning off the "magnet" feature and this does not help.

Any suggestions?

Quietleader
    Are you by chance charting Forex or other issues with a very low face value (penny stocks etc)?
    If that is the case then the problem may be due to the values of the MACD being too small. A solution is to use the builtinMACD.efs and adjust the returns.
    Try the attached efs where the output of each line of the MACD is multiplied by 100
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

builtinMACD.efs

Alexis

I looked at the values for MACD on all four of my layout/charts and they all range from -.002 to +.002. (You were right that I am charting the Forex)

Strangely, the segment drawing tool works on one of the four layouts, but not on the other three...even though the MACD values are all the same. (Although on one of my charts the segment tool locks to the -.05 line rather than the zero line)

So there must be a setting somewhere that allows the segment tools to work on one but not all of my charts.

Any thoughts about this?

Comment

Quietleader
        What symbol(s) are you charting and with which one does the segment tool work?
        Also you make reference to a layout. Are you saying that in all the charts in that layout the segment tool works and in the charts of the other layouts it does not or is it just one chart?
        Alex

Comment

Segment Drawing Tool

Hi Alexis!

The segment drawing tool works fine on the EUR-JPY currency pair. It does not work on the other 3 pairs that I follow (EUR-USD, GBP-USD, and CHF-USD)

I get confused on the question of charts vs. layouts. If I understand eSignal terminology correctly, I have set up a separate layout for each currency pair mentioned above. Each layout contains one chart (price candles) and one study (MACD).

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
          Warren

Comment

Warren
            If you notice the three cross rates on which the Line Tool is not working are all in the 1.xxxx range whereas the EUR/JPY rate is at 133.xx. If you were to try the JPY/USD rate which is currently at 118.xx you would see that the Line Tool works on that one also.
            My suggestion is to use the efs I posted in an earlier message with the cross rates that trade in the 1.xxxx range.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X