WARNING! URGENT! Chart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING! URGENT! Chart problem

I'm not sure if anyone else has realized it but the moving averages (I only checked the 200 day) on longer term charts
    ARE WRONG!!!!

When using a 3 year chart and getting the 200 day MA it's incorrect!!! You can only get the correct 200 day ma on shorter term charts.

Just thought i'd let you know.

cdalrym,

Do you have an example of what is incorrect? Are you manually calculating the 200 MA? If so, can you attach the data being used? We also need to know:

- What symbol(s) are using?
    - What version of eSignal you are running?
    - What are your exact settings for the MA and the chart? (i.e. Advanced Chart, 200 SMA Close, Time Template 780 days)
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

FWIW I ran a 200 sma on over 2000 bars (equivalent to approximately 10 years) of $INDU on eSignal, TS2k and Metastock Pro and the charts for each can be seen below.
      Alex

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

Take a look at a one year on HUM and then a 3 year. It gives 2 different calcs for the 200 day MA.

The rep told me on the daily 3 year chart it's not a 200 day MA but a 200 week MA for soem reason.

Comment

cdalrym
          The two charts below are for 250 and 750 daily bars with the same 200 period SMA. They appear to be identical at my end.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X