draw on tick replay file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draw on tick replay file

I cant seem to draw any trend lines on the chart. when i use the tick reply.I can draw trend lines on the sub boxes with indicators.Just not the price chart Is there something i can do so it will allow me to.

thanks

Hi watchdaride,

Hmmmmm, I'm not having any problems with this. What version of eSignal are you running?

I was able to draw a trend line on a tick chart in play back mode. I drew the trend line over the prices. Also, I was able to both draw the line while tick replay was paused and I was able to draw a line as the replay was running. I used trend lines and also the Regression Trend Channels.

I am on the current "Release Candidate" build 671. Let's start with what version your running. If that checks out, we'll have to look at what symbol your using, steps taken set up the replay, etc. and we'll try to replicate what your doing here.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Andy,

I am using 7.6 build 636a . i use $playback . I use forex market and i down load the ticks and convert all the q to t . It playsback good . Could it be because of the forex symbols and you have to manipulate the data.

thanks

Comment

Hi watchdaride,

Being that it's Forex, it is a different beast all together. I'm curious as to how you converted the Q's to T's and then be able to play with no problems. I must confess I haven't used this with Forex before. What I did was to do the "tick downloader", then I went into Excel, opened the file, converted all Q's to T's, then I removed one of the pricing column's (in this case, ASK), then saved and closed. I was not able to play that file, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Could you describe the steps you took to convert the Q's?

Thanks,

Comment

i got it from Jay at posting -

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=forex+editpad

Comment

Andy ,

the trendlines only work with the dotted lines . they pivot on the price lines. Like the image i have attach they only do to 1.23 and 1.2 . Its wierd. What do you think is wrong?
            Attached Files

Comment

Andy,

the trendlines only seems to stick to the price interval . Like the image below the lines will only stick to 1.22 or 1.21 . I dont know whats going on.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi watchdaride,

Just a quick note to say that I'll check into this a little later on today and report back.

Thanks,

Comment

watchdaride,

I followed up to your PM already, but wanted to also mention it here for the other readers out there. We are able to duplicate this bug, and will report it to our engineers to get this fixed. I don't see any work-around for this at this time for Tick Replay, but you may want to try Bar Replay as a possible replacement.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Good news! We were able to find a way to correct this, even without the need to download new software. This should be fixed at the latest by Friday.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Hello Jay,

Did you find out how to fix this problem?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X